Pages

Wednesday, November 21

Turds In The Punchbowl

Or: why I refrain from commenting ... more often than not.
Reviewing Losers

Hi
xojane is for my tastes the most interesting, well written and topical editorial tour de force I've come across in a long time. So good in fact that I've been seriously obsessing: hoovering 188 posts in the last four days. It's either the commanding headlines, my self diagnosed OCD, or just some horny-old-guy research into chatting up smart (ie: hot) young women with big wits. (W i t s.)

OK, all of the above.

The warmth and generosity, the sensitivity and intelligence of "The Boss Lady" comes through every post. You are very much loved and deservedly so.

Thanks, Jane & Cheers!

Vanessa-> Reviewing Losers

"Horny old guy research into chatting up smart (i.e. hot) young women with big wits.)" Ew. Really? You had to say that? Read what you like but realise that this isn't your 'research' site and we're not hot young women here for your education. Gross.

peachgrenade-> Vanessa

And it was such a nice message aside from that. EW is right.

Reviewing Losers ->  peachgrenade

(&-> Vanessa) You're right. My bad. It was a misguided (and clearly unsuccessful) attempt at "clever honesty." I not only appreciate, but also understand how the comment could be off-putting and inappropriate in this venue ... if I had been completely SERIOUS. The joke's not funny if you have to explain it, so here goes.

On one level it is entirely true that I'm doing "recon" here at xojane. This is easy because the writing is authentic and crisp, but also because the knowledge being dropped is invaluable to anybody lucky enough to find these authors in one place. Let's say in a perfect world that sites like xojane were required reading for dudes who have either transgressed boundaries (as I obviously have to a certain degree) or simply don't have a clue to the desires and psychology of the women they (hopefully) adore. They actually might get one, more than a few if they're paying attention.

"Horny old guys" ain't goin' away anytime soon and I trust we can agree that this site is a great place for them (read: me) to learn some manners? Or limits. Same thing.

Just so we're clear: I'm "not sorry *you feel that way*," I'm sorry I didn't think about it a bit more - from another perspective - before I hit [post]. It was, like the other two items from that list, said half in jest.

Sorry for the "ew," but hey, I'm still learning ....

No comments: